Great car which I have had for 8 years during which it has accumulated only about 10.000 km. Only ever driven in the summer and always parked in a garage. Low mileage and therefore in fantastic condition for its age. Everything is original, no modifications. In the last inspections (MFK) the inspector has always been impressed by the condition of the car. Especially the interior is in great condition, no scratch or other wear marks on the seats.
During my 8 years of ownership the car has not required too many repairs: Battery replaced in 2014, mass air flow sensor replaced in 2017, ignition coils replaced in 2019. This is the only BMW that I have owned which has had so few issues despite being pretty old. I have done all the service and maintenance myself.
The known minor issues are:
- The tyres still have ample tread depth, but as they are from 2009, one could consider replacing them soon.
- The dimming on the rear view mirror has melted a bit (happened one day when I was hiking on the mountains and the car was parked in the sun).
- Sometimes the car warns about the oil level being low, even though according to the dipstick the oil level is OK.
- The handle on the trunk lid is slighty broken (cracked fastening points) and has been repaired in a non-optimal way.
- Minor damage in the roof fabric on the inside.
Location: 8050 Zürich
Maintenance records from the past years:
- 14.06.2011 Oil and filter change, inspection I and II, cabin filter (49439 km)
- 04.05.2013 Oil and filter change (54630 km)
- 02.04.2014 MFK (56002 km)
- xx.05.2014 Battery replaced
- 18.04.2015 Oil and filter change (56847 km)
- 06.12.2016 MFK (58744 km)
- 25.04.2017 Oil and filter change (58779 km)
- 10.07.2017 Mass air flow sensor replaced (58793 km)
- 12.04.2019 Airbags replaced under warranty (factory recall)
- 04.07.2019 Ignition coils and spark plugs replaced (59862 km)
- 30.08.2019 MFK (59931 km)
Documents that will come with the car:
- Certificate of Conformity (CoC)
- Service history
- MFK inspection reports
Vehicle data and options based on decoding the VIN:
Colour CARBONSCHWARZ METALLIC (416)
Upholstery TEILLEDER W.N./ZIMT (N5ZM)
Prod. Date 2001-03-24
L801A National version Germany
S210A Dynamic stability control
S249A Multifunction f steering wheel
S302A Alarm system
S387A Wind deflector
S388A Softtop, black
S399A Softtop, electromech. all-autom.
S423A Floor mats, velours
S428A Warning triangle and first aid kit
S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S435A Fine wood trim
S441A Smoker package
S459A Seat adjuster, electric, with memory
S464A Ski bag
S473A Armrest front
S481A Sports seat
S494A Seat heating driver/passenger
S502A Headlight cleaning system
S508A Park Distance Control (PDC)
S520A Fog lights
S521A Rain sensor
S522A Xenon Light
S534A Automatic air conditioning
S548A Kilometer-calibrated speedometer
S550A On-board computer
S606A Navigation system, radio
S672A CD changer for 6 CDs
S674A Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon
S710A M sports steering wheel, multifunction
S760A High gloss shadow line
S785A White direction indicator lights
S832A Battery in luggage compartment
S851A Language version German
S863A Retailer Directory Europe
S879A On-board vehicle literature German
S999A Job order management "HEA"
Wheels are the original 18" wheels. Typenschein X, imported from Germany in 2002, most likely the first owner moved from Germany to Switzerland and brought the car with him. Does not NOT an Abgastest every 2 years.
- Vordersitze el. verstellbar
- Xenon Lichtanlage
- Bremslicht drittes
- Elektrische Fensterheber vo. + hi.